Friday, October 28, 2011

Diigo - Of course!

 Tricia de g - Online Resource


I was trying to think of a really cool resource that I have found or seen recently that I could write about for this blog, when I realised the answer was right under my nose – or at least on my tool bar in front of my nose!

I didn’t initially think about Diigo as a resource to discuss for this blog because until a few moments ago I had always had the mindset that it was simply a tool. Diigo is however, much more than that , it is a social bookmarking resource that helps me to not only find resources but also enables  me to connect with specific groups of  like minded people who share information and ideas with me.
The group sharing /networking aspect of Diigo is still quite new for me and I am probably lurking a little longer than I should without contributing – but there are so many interesting people with so much knowledge – I am a little in awe of them and I am not sure what I can contribute at this stage. But I should feel encouraged I have my first follower as of this week – so I am on my way!


Diigo will also allow you to create a group that can work together to collect resources and share ideas –I hope to introduce my teaching colleagues to Diigo and the Group feature it offers at our staff meeting next week. I have done an impromptu survey and the majority of the teachers are still cutting and pasting web addresses to themselves in emails to use their resources and links in multiple locations. I think when they are introduced to Diigo or any bookmarking tool for that matter they will soon embrace it as a valuable resource just as I have done.


I am still wading through the all the social advantages of using Diigo and I have found that even their basic free service offers great opportunities for collaboration and networking. This tool/resource is going to be a great asset to me as I develop my personal learning network.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Tricia, I will add you and then you can have 2 followers. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Deb - I am really networking now!

    ReplyDelete